Balboa Veterinary Hospital
The Finest in Veterinary Care
Check-In on YelpCheck-in for your appointment on Yelp and receive $20 off your next service at Balboa Vet Hospital.
September is Senior Pet Health Month! On average, pets age seven times faster than people. This means that most dogs and cats reach adulthood by age two and middle age by four and by age seven, most pets are entering their senior years! Check out AVMA’s Senior Pet Care FAQ to learn more about senior animal care and reach out to us with any questions.
Happy with your service?
Take advantage of our referral program! It's super easy:
1) Refer a friend
2) You get $20 off your next service
3) They get $20 off their service
*May not be used with other offers. Restrictions may apply
Thank You For Your ServiceAll veterans and active military will receive 10% off services at Balboa Veterinary Hospital. When you are checking in or out for your pet's appointment please alert our staff.
Taking the “pet” out of “petrified”
Many of our team members are certified feline friendly through AAFP and Dr. Gunderson is fear Fear Free certified! This certification provides the knowledge and tools to look after both a pet’s physical and emotional wellbeing. This training teaches us how to handle a fearful, anxious, or stressed-out pet, or you simply want the best care possible for your four-legged friend, Fear Free Certified Professionals are here to help.
- Wellness ExamsYour pet can benefit greatly from regular wellness examinations or checkups. Whether your pet is a youngster, a “senior citizen,” or any age in between, wellness examinations provide an excellent opportunity for us to conduct a thorough physical examination and develop a health profile for your pet. This information will help us identify medical problems
- SurgeryIn our continuing efforts to offer the highest quality veterinary medicine, Balboa Veterinary Hospital is pleased to provide a wide range of surgical services for our patients in San Diego, CA, and surrounding areas. From routine surgical procedures, such as spaying and neutering, to more complex surgeries, we look forward to the opportunity to care
- Fully Stocked PharmacyAt Balboa Veterinary Hospital, we have a fully stocked pharmacy to offer you the best value while delivering reliable and personalized service. We have the most complete medical information on your pets, and the ability to anticipate drug interactions or other problems that can result from inappropriately administering medication. Before you purchase your next prescription or
Years in Existence
Our Clients Love Us!
I took my new kitten here for a check up, fecal test, and his last round of vaccines. From the first phone call to picking up my cat post-visit, Balboa Vet Hospital provided a very pleasant experience. COVID-19 precautions are still in place, so I dropped off my cat at the front door and then spoke with the vet via phone call. She was incredibly warm and ready to answer my questions as a first time cat owner! She even probed me for more questions to make sure I felt confident in my cat's care. After the visit, I received a call with my cat's test results within 24 hours as promised. Overall, this place is great, and I would recommend it for both new and experienced pet owners!Lexy S.
I'm still feeling sad right now after making the decision to put down my 20 year old cat, but I have to say I would be feeling worse if it weren't for the professionalism and the caring way the staff and Dr. Gunderson treated my cat and I. The Dr. Helped my cat die painlessly and with dignity, I was allowed to stay with my beloved cat as long as I wanted. Thank you Dr. Gunderson, if I decide to get another cat, Balboa Veterinary clinic will be my clinic of choice.Sharon Simpson